Jay's Musings

Jay Schindler is writing this blog to share information about his health conditions with his friends, family, and colleagues.

Name:
Location: Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States

Friday, March 31, 2006

Beginning of my Cardiac Concerns

Janie joined me in Atlanta on Christmas Day, 2005. We went contra dancing on New Years Eve and had a great time. However, during contra dancing on 01/07 I had to pace myself and walk through the dances. By 01/14 I could not even sustain a fast walk in the contra dances and we left the dance early. Something was happening and I met with my cardiologist, who recommended a PET scan. I got that PET scan on January 26. There was a suspicious area on the posterior of my heart but relatively small. There would have to be additional follow-up. The attending physician gave me a prescription for atenolol and nitroglycerin tablets in case I had shortness of breath--he considered it "protective" to have the medications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home